About Heather Kristenson
Helping Adults and Teens Rise Above Anxiety, Depression, Grief and Trauma in Edmonton and Camrose, Alberta
Transforming My Life Through Therapy
Going through a divorce when my children were young sent me into a very dark place.
I suffered from crippling anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. I was filled with self-doubt, lacked energy, had difficulty sleeping and eating, even had scary MS-like symptoms of numbness an tingling.
Fortunately, through counselling, Bach Flower Remedies, and a tool shown to be highly effective for stress and anxiety called HeartMath. I was able to overcome my symptoms of anxiety. I radically changed my life and grew enormously.
My goal is to pass the gifts I received from those who helped me come through this traumatic time onto my clients. My own experiences have given me a great deal of understanding and compassion for women who struggle with anxiety and depression.
Since I have gone through this healing process, I know you can too!
My Mission is to Help you Get Beyond Anxiety Management and Achieve Your Highest Potential
I am an excellent and compassionate listener who is also non-judgemental and respectful. I bring these qualities to every counselling session along with my passion for helping you have a better life.
My inner strength and calm presence allow me to hold a safe and comforting space for you to heal – regardless of the extent of your suffering.
My goal is to help women, men and teens stop limiting themselves because of stress worry and fear.
I welcome diversity – including individuals of all body sizes, abilities, races, sexualities, genders, religions and political values.
I want to help you reach that part of yourself that is greater than you – to find the coherence and harmony with All That Is – Your Higher Self.
When you access this inner strength and wisdom, every situation is manageable, and you experience a great sense of inner freedom and peace.
“Peace starts within each of us. When we have inner peace, we can be at peace wth those around us.”
– 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet
Counselling Credentials and Memberships
- Certified Trauma Recovery Counsellor (CTRC)
- Certified Grief Support Counsellor (CGSC)
- Certified Suicide Intervention Counsellor (CSIC)
- HeartMath Certified Practitioner
- Bach Foundation Registered Practitioner (BFRP)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT Tapping) ~ Intermediate Practitioner (in progress) (EFT)
- Diploma of Professional Counselling from Vancouver College of Counselling Training (VCCT)
- Member in good standing of the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT)
- Member in good standing of the Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta (ACTA)
- Verified by Psychology Today
- Certificate in Nutritional and Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Professionals
A Few Random Facts About Me
I love biking and hiking with my family on weekends, walking the dog, and camping. I have a daily contemplative practice, and I also read voraciously.
In addition to my passion for counselling, I love music. My first degree was a Bachelor of Music, and before becoming a counsellor, I worked for 20+ years as a professional church musician and collaborative pianist. I still work part-time as a collaborative pianist at Concordia University.